Accessibility is not a feature, it’s a mind-set. Every 4th human around us likely has some disabilities, therefore it’s fundamentally important to take these people into account as we design our products, websites or services. Accessibility in User Experience Design is an essential aspect that should be a primary area of focus in every design process.
- Show this data to your leadership and stakeholders and explain the importance of accessibility for your product’s user.
- Always keep accessibility in mind as you design a user experience.
- Stick to the principles of accessibility (explained in the other cheat sheet).
- Use accessibility tools for checking contrast and other aspects.
- Validate your product against the accessibility requirements (WCAG – explained in the other cheat sheet).