Customer journey map is a popular UX exercise that allows to discover a lot of insights about users. It depicts a holistic story of user’s experience from initial interaction through engaging with product and becoming a loyal customer. Throughout the journey a designer can reveal more details such as user’s emotional transformation, pain points and UX opportunities.
- You can use Emojis to reflect the emotional states
- Justify your assumptions based upon real data: analytical and anecdotal
- Put yourself into customer’s shoes as you think about pain points and interactions
- Invite stakeholders and do a whiteboard workshop with them – get the entire team involved in the process
- Focus on only one type of persona in a map
- If it’s feasible, validate the map with a customer